Visitor Visa Immigration is Divided into two :
For only visit that may include vacationing, recreational activities, visiting an Australian resident family member, medical treatment etc.
For business activities that may include making general business or government enquiries, business negotiations, government visits, attending conferences, seminars, job interviews or professional examinations.
Apart from these there are some other special categories for Visitor Visa Immigration too.
Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) :
This visa is meant for visit or for business purposes for up to three, six or twelve months. Two sub - classes are :
- The e Visitor (sub-class 651) : This visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country as specified in a list issued by Department of Home Affairs.
- The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) : This is issued to a passport holder of a certain country as specified in a list issued by Department of Home Affairs.
Features of Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) :
- Visit Australia as a Tourist.
- Visit Australia to meet friends or family.
- Visit Australia for business visitor purposes.
- Get visa up to three, six or twelve months.
- Minimal application charges i.e. as per the current information from the official website, it is AUD 130 to AUD 335.
- Faster Visa application process i.e. officially it is said that 75% application is assessed in 17 days and 90% in 28 days.
- An online process with no hardcopy documents required.
Conditions to Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) :
- 8101 - No Work (You must not work in Australia while on Visitor Visa)
- 8201 - Maximum 3 months study (While in Australia, you must not engage in more than 3 months of studies or training)
- 8501 – Maintain adequate Health Insurance (You must have and maintain your health insurance for the whole of your stay)
- 8503 – No further Stay (While being on Visitor Visa, you can’t apply for any other Australia Visa except Protection Visa)
- 8531 - Must Leave before Visa expiry (Before your Visitor visa expires, you must have to leave Australia)
Investor Retirement Visa (Subclass 405) :
This is a visa for those self-funded retirees with no dependents and who want to spend rest of their retired lives in Australia.
Special Program Visa (Subclass 416) :
Usually, this visa is sought in case of special programs where an approved special program sponsor has sent an invitation to participate in a specifically approved program. The purpose is to enhance international relations and cultural exchange between Australian community and the world at large.
In addition to the Special Program, the Special Program visa (subclass 416) has another stream called Seasonal Worker Program.
Transit Visa (Subclass 771) :
This is for you and your dependent children transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours.